Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday's Newsflash!!!!

Wow where has the time gone. It has been two weeks since I have posted anything on here at all. I can not believe it. I am slacking. Sorry. But today is Sunday, my weigh in day and I am on here posting an update for all my friends and family. So I have lost another 3 lbs. So my total weight loss is now 154 lbs. Can you believe it? Dang it feels so incredible. I am doing Fantastic. SO much more energy and everything. I am doing so good.

Anyway, what a week this has been for me and my friends. I feel so bad for one of my friends Robin. Her son, who is 14 is battling Cancer, he has been for like 2 years now. He is doing ok but not totally out of the woods yet. Has to be home schooled, has to go back and forth up to AI DuPont Hospital in Wilmington 3-4 x a week. So their family has been going through a lot lately, trying to work, go to school, pay the mounting hospital bills, etc. Well, on Saturday last week, her Husband died. Right there at the grocery store, he fell and had a massive heart attack. HOW SAD IS THAT??? He was 47 years old. They said is was from Stress and Worry and concern from their son having cancer, and them trying to make ends meet and all. It is just so sad. Now Robin had to arrange a funeral for her husband, and still take care of her son and the her other two boys. Can you imagine, having to go through that. We have all been helping her in any way we can. His Family came down from NY and CT to help her out and be there for the funeral and all. I just don't know how she is going to manage it all now. Glen was her rock, he was there all the time. How devastating for her to have to go through this. But now she has her boys and all of her friends and family to help and support her. She is certainly going to need it now. SO I am asking all my friends and family on my blog world to please pray for my friend Robin that she can help her family go through this very sad hard time right now and that her son can fight this cancer and be cured. Cancer is such and UGLY thing and now that her son has to grieve and deal with his father's death, what is that going to do to his poor little body? SO please pray for my friend right now, she needs all the prayers she can get.

So besides that, we have been doing ok. I have been very busy and working a lot and having meetings and things going on. You know me, always busy. The boys are all doing good. It has been raining and yucky out for days so they have been stuck in the house for a long time. They have actually been going out A LOT lately after school to ride their bikes and stuff so now that they are stuck inside it is crazy. WE are all outgrowing this house but there is nothing I can do about it. I can't afford to move right now. But we do what we have to do to manage.
Sam is working his little part time job right now. I wish he can find a full time job that pays more and offers more hours but right now this is all we can do. We are struggling big time but we are managing the best way we know how. It can always be worse and there are other people out there that are worse off then we are, so I count my blessings and move forward with what we have.
WELL, EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR WEEK AHEAD
AND
ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL FALL WEATHER!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Oh I feel so bad for your friend! How sad. I can't imagine.

Kudos to your continued success in weight loss:) You are so AWESOME!!