Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Going to NEW ORLEANS!!!!

I am almost Packed and Ready to Leave!!! LOL. I am leaving on Sunday morning at 4:00 am to catch my flight to New Orleans, Louisiana for the Annual National Education Association Representative Assembly and I am SUPER EXCITED!!!! This is my 3rd year going to the NEA/RA and if you have ever been to it before you know what I am talking about. There will be about 10,000-12,000 people there under the same roof all for the same reason I am there. To vote on all the policies, bylaws, rules, regulations, and business of today's public education. And it is incredible the amount of positive energy there is in the room from all the passionate people who work with our students every single day in our country. IT is one of the most exciting Highlights of my Year as an Educator. I am hooked!! I went to my very first one in Washington DC in 2008 and the EXPERIENCE WAS AMAZING!!!! Something I will never ever forget. SO much Fun, Excitement, Energy, Enthusiasm, Work, and on and on with the adjectives to describe it.
So this year it is in New Orleans. One of the the cities in the United States I have ALWAYS wanted to go to. One because one of their favorite colors is PURPLE (you know the Marti Gras)? Two because of the food I have heard so much about. Three because of the music and the Jazz that is all around that city. I really love music and I think Jazz is so relaxing and smooth and I love to just sit and chill and listen to some jazz music sometimes. So I am really really looking forward to seeing New Orleans for the first time and I am looking forward to all the city and the culture has to offer. I am leaving on Sunday June 27th and I will be back home on Thursday July 8th. So I will be away from Sam and the boys for almost 2 weeks. Man what are they gonna do with out me? LOL. I know one thing, they will EAT everything there is in this house while I am gone. Man these boys have been eating up a storm lately. I guess it is because school is out and they have been home and they are bored.
So besides going to New Orleans, things have been going pretty good around here. We are hoping and praying that Sam can start his job on July 1st. He got a job with the State at Del State University but he can not start till after the fiscal year starts which is on July 1st. So we are not sure if he is starting on July 1st or waiting till that Monday which will be on July 5th. Anyway you look at it, he will be starting his new job in July and boy do we really need him to work again. He has been out of a job again now for about 3 months. So we have been struggling so much again it is ridiculous. So much STRESS it just Plain SUCKS!!!!

Well I am getting off of here now and I will try and post something on here while I am in New Orleans. I can not promise anything though but I will try as long as I have Internet access I will try and post something on here.

~~~HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND~~~
~~~THINK OF ME WHILE I AM ON MY PLANE TO NEW ORLEANS~~~

No comments: