Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The New Me---SOON

I am about to embark on a new chapter in my life. Tomorrow Morning at 7:00 am I will be in the hospital having sugery. I am getting the Gastric Bypass Surgery. I have been thinking about doing it for a few years now. I don't know why it took me so long to decide, but I think I had to be mentally prepared for it instead of just saying I wanted it. My sister Angela had it done about 3 years ago and she looks wonderful. At first I was like no way, I do not need to do it, I don't want to do it. But the more I researched it and learned about it, it is an amazing thing they are doing now to help people loose weight. So I talked to my husband, my family, my friends, and mostly myself and I made the decision to do it. The main reason I am doing this is because I am perfectly healthy. I have no health problems what so ever. I had to do a whole battery tests and they found nothing. The doctors were amazed too. They said a person my size it is rare not to have anything wrong. So I want to stay healthy and I am tired of carrying this weight around with me. So tomorrow morning it is finally happening. I have been going through the process for 10 months now. SO I am so ready, excited, nervous, anxious, all of the above. But tomorrow will be the beginning of a new me. Look for pictures of my journey as I will keep you all informed. Here is what I look like the day before surgery. I can not believe I am that big.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I'm very excited for you on this new chapter in your life. You are such an energetic, happy person and I think. after all these years of doing everything for everyone else, it is time to do something for yourself. I will be praying that everything goes well with the surgery. Let us know how it goes ASAP!