Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Power of Prayers!!!

I have to admit that I am not an overly Religious person. I went to Catholic School most of my life and I went to Church ALL the time and as I have grown up, I have kind of gotten away from all of that. I don't really have a reason for it except maybe I got a little burnt out on it. Or maybe never really BELIEVED in Miracles per say. But I have to tell you something. If I never believed in Miracles or a Davine Intervention before, I CERTAINLY DO NOW!!!!! I have to tell you all something that has happened to us in the past few days. See if you have been following my blog or talking to me in person, you know how depressed, stressed, completely broke we have been. Sam has not worked in over 7 months. Could not get unemployment or anything because he was not at his job long enough to collect anything. AND we have been basically living off of my income alone. We have been so stressed, fighting, just absolutely horrible times. Sam has done nothing but Sleep all day and all night. It has been really bad here, getting ready to loose our house, our vehicles, our electric, etc. Just not a good situation. Did not know which way to turn, or what to do. We get food stamps but even that is not enough. Needless to say, we have been ARGUING and FIGHTING like there is no tomorrow. We were even to the point and I have to admit this as the truth, we were to the point we were actually considering Splitting up and separating.
Well, this past Friday, like any other day recently, I came home from work to find Sam sleeping again. Not looking for a job, not making any phone calls, not doing anything but being severely DEPRESSED. I handed him a phone number of a husband of one of my friends that owns his own business and may be looking for help. Well for some reason, SAM FLEW off the handle. This was the worst time ever. He started smashing everything in sight. He started slamming things, he started yelling and was just insane. I was done. I wanted out of this relationship all together. I was ready to call a lawyer Monday morning. So Sam Left. NO Phone, NO money, just a little bit of gas in his truck, No cigarettes, No food, No clothes. No nothing. And he LEFT. At that point, I didn't not care at all what happened to him. I was done. It had gotten that bad. So he never came home that night. I had no idea where he went. I didn't even care. So the next morning, it was Saturday around 8:30 in the morning my nephew Robert called me and said that Sam called their house from someones cell phone and left a message on the machine. He sounded REALLY Really bad. He said he was broke, out of gas, lost, hungry, out of cigarettes, and needed help. SO he gives me the phone number that he used to call from and I called the phone number. A man answers, his name was JOHN. He said to me that he found Sam in his truck asleep, thought he was dead. He was extremely depressed, crying, just totally LOST. Lost in space, Lost in Spirit, Lost in LIFE. He said Sam was ready to give up on LIFE. John told me where he found Sam and I said there was no way that I would be able to come get him. He said he had things to do and wishes us luck but there was nothing else he could do for him. In the mean time, I have not talked to Sam the whole time. Then at exactly the time I got off of the phone with this John guy, my Gram called me. She caught me right in the middle of all that was going on. AND I just lost it. I told her everything that has been going on and she of course PRAYED with me and told me that I needed to go back to church and all that stuff. If you know my Gram you know what I am talking about. So I was on the phone with her for a little while. WELL all of the sudden about 1 1/2 hours after the first time I talked to JOHN, he called me back, he said to me, "I have not been able to get you and your husband out of my mind" He said, "GOD told me to turn around an help your husband" and "if it is ok with you, I want to talk to your husband and help him out and send him home". I cried and I was like absolutely. Then John told me a little bit about his life, he is 68 yrs old, he was in the very same situation we are in years ago, they were fighting and broke and depressed and the whole nine yards. Just like we are in. He then told me that him and his wife were fighting so much that his Daughter could not take it anymore, she ended up killing herself. HE said he never wants anything like that to happen to anyone like it happened to his family. He said if he can prevent anything like that from happening to anyone else in this world, he is going to help. So he found Sam, took him in his truck for over an hour, Talked to Sam intently, told him about his life, and all that happened to him. Told Sam to Go back home to his wife and family and get himself together. He gave Sam $40 to put gas in his truck, got him something to eat, and told him to go home!!! Sam asked for his name and address and all the man said was his name was John and the only thanks he needed was for Sam to go back to his family and get his life back together. Sam came home that night a CHANGED MAN!!!! He said he hit rock bottom, he said he was ready to give up, he said he witnessed a miracle and that he does not believe in God or anything like that, but for the first time in his LIFE HE PRAYED!!!! He prayed that he would get out of the rut he is in, he prayed that he would be a better man, husband, father, he prayed that he would get a job!!! He PRAYED!!! He has life in his eyes again. He is smiling again. He is alert again. He is totally Changed.
Sunday, that phone number of the person I gave him to call in the first place, he called here looking for Sam and set up an interview for him on Monday morning. Sam went to that interview, had a positive attitude and GOT THE JOB!!! Sam started work today doing exactly what he loves to do, building houses, remodeling, finishing basements, and building decks, etc. He has no idea how much money he is going to be making but right at this point, he does not care. He is just so dam happy to have a job right now and happy to be back into LIFE AGAIN.
SO If I never believed in Miracles or the Power of Prayer, I think I witnessed it this weekend.
I tried calling John back yesterday to THANK HIM AND TELL HIM, and BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THE PHONE NUMBER IS NOT IN SERVICE!!!! AN ANGEL IF YOU ASK ME!!!!!!

1 comment:

LOCnHEART said...

Patti, Sam.... I definitely BELIEVE John was Sam's angel. I too have been at the end of my rope and didn't know where to turn. You guys were 6,7,and 8 and an angel came to rescue me. God has you in the palm of His hands and will NEVER leave you. Now that your life is getting back on track, I beg you both, do not leave Him in your past. It's because of God that you see the light so please do not EVER forget Him!!! Thank Him every day in your own little way. I am so happy that Sam is working again. He will feel that life is definitely worth living. An experience like this IS life changing. I love you both so very much and I will see you soon. And I am SO PROUD of Lil Sam. He is such a great young man and he will go far. God Bless all of you!!! ♥