Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another Miracle

I am definitely going to go to Church this Sunday. I have to!!! We have been so blessed in the past few days. Things are finally starting to really look up for us. And we are finally starting to see the light at the end of our VERY LONG DARK Tunnel we have been in.
Well, you know that Sam got a job, I told you about that. He started it on Wednesday, and he is already getting is first pay check this coming Friday. So that is really cool.
Since the other night, when I wrote that last post, some MORE things have been happening in our lives. First of all, there is a 1 on 1 nurse for one of my students at school and she runs a Food and Clothing Closet out of her house. She invited us to come to her house this weekend and get STOCKED up on Food, Clothing, and Supplies All for Free and she said bring plenty of strong men because she will FILL OUR HOUSE UP!!!! I was in tears when she told me that. She has lots and lots of food that she gets from Food Lion and Safeway and the Government. And she has bathroom supplies and cloths for all different ages, men, women, and kids. So that is a blessing right there, that she is going to be able to help our family out like that.
Another thing that happened is, last month Lil Sam was involved in a State wide competition for his Shop that he is in at High School. He goes to Polytech High School. He is a Junior. He is in the Carpentry Shop learning both indoor and outdoor carpentry. Well, last month he was in a competition among all the other technical high schools in the state, it was a competition about building something (obviously). Well anyway, he came in Second place in the state in his category and last night was the awards ceremony where he not only got a Silver Metal for it, HE Won a $1,500 Scholarship to College. Can you believe that? I was so proud of him. He was so excited. He said he wants to go to college to learn how to be a master carpenter. I think he will go too, he really likes carpentry and let me tell you, he can build some really incredible things. And he was the only Junior in his whole shop to compete, it is usually a competition for Seniors only, but his teacher said he is the best he has seen in a long time and wanted him to compete with the Seniors. So isn't that COOL!!!! We are so proud of him!!!
AND if all this hasn't been a blessing and a great week for us. I have some more very exciting news to share. I got another Job. You all know that I take care of children with disabilities. Well one of my friends has a niece who is 12 years old and she is totally in a wheelchair and has severe Cerebral Palsy. Well her mom is in need of a personal assistant a couple nights a week to help her out at home. Her dad works nights and the little girl is getting pretty tall and heavy for her mom to care for her by herself. So she needs someone to help her out with like giving her a bath, getting her ready for bed, and that kind of things. It will be about 3 nights a week for like 3 hours a night and because I have so much experience with working with children with Disabilities, she is STARTING me at $15.00 an hour. She says as time goes on and we all get comfortable with each other, there is definitely chances to make more money and even bonuses. I could not believe that when she told me how much I would be making for part time work. It works out to be about 12 hours a week. Isn't that Cool!!! I am so excited about that because it is doing exactly what I love to Do and I love it!!!!! So this could potentially bring in more than $500 extra a month. And man let me tell you, we can use all the money we can get right now.
So I am going into this Spring with a whole new attitude, a whole new outlook on life, and a whole new feeling!!! Everyday is a Miracle, Everyday is a Blessing, and Everyday is a NEW DAY!! and we are no longer going to take things for Granted ever again!!!!

~~~~PRAISE GOD!!!! MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!!!~~~~

No comments: