Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I am Going to LAS VEGAS BABY!!!!

I am so excited. I have just been notified that I got picked to go to the National Educational Association Educational Support Professional (NEA-ESP) Conference in Las Vegas!!! I am going to the Presidents workshop, which means that this workshop is for all the presidents of their local associations. And there are only 3 people from the whole state of Delaware that have gotten picked to go. There were over 50 people who put in for it to go. So out of about 50-55 people who put their interest letter in, I got picked to go. I am super excited. I am going on Tuesday March 9th till Sunday March 14th.
I have to say, with me being so active in my union, it sure is allowing me to travel a lot lately. I was able to go to San Diego last summer and now Las Vegas, and in July I am going to New Orleans. And is so cool. All expense paid to go and learn, have fun, and become a better leader in my local association. It is so wonderful.
AND I can't wait to find out if I have been selected as the ESP of the year in the State of Delaware. I hope to find out about that by the end of this month. Don't worry, I will be sure to post all about it if I win. Trust me!!!!!

Well, anyway, I don't know where you all live, but we are getting ready to be slammed with more snow tonight and into tomorrow. We got like 6 inches of snow the other day that is still out there and we are going to be getting more on top of that. AND I heard that we are in for a wild Blizzard like conditions this weekend and we could get like over 2 feet of more snow. OK so I have to say, I LOVE SNOW!!! BUT DAM ENOUGH already. I am so dam cold I can't take it anymore. I am always freezing all the time. But I will get used to it soon.

So just encase you didn't know, today is or was Sam's Birthday. He turned 43 years old today. We really didn't do anything at all. I had a meeting after work today and I didn't get home till about 7:30, which he was fine with, but that didn't give us much time to spend together for like dinner and movie or what ever. Because when I got home, I had to do laundry, dishes, and the boys needed their showers and now it is like time for me to go to bed. I don't have anything planed tomorrow so I plan on making him so killer dinner tomorrow night to make up for tonight. I think I am going to make him a cake too. He loves Chocolate cake. So I will have to make him that.
He is doing ok but we are still looking for a job for him. He really doesn't even work at the motorcycles place he was working at anymore. He was there for like 3 or 4 hours like 3 or 4 days a week, but he doesn't even do that anymore. They call him only when they need him and they said they don't need him anymore. It really sucks!!! We are so dam broke right now, I hate it. It is so dam stressful. We are trying our hardest just make ends meet and we are so far behind in all of our bills. It is crazy. I am just hoping and praying that we don't loose everything we have. But we only can take one day at a time.

EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR NIGHT!!!!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I am so jealous!!!! Can I go??