Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Birthday COUNTDOWN!!!!!

In Exactly 1 Week, February 26th, I will be 40 Years Old!!!! WooooHoooo I can not wait. First of all I LOVE celebrating my birthday. I ALWAYS Have. Second of All I will be 40 and I am in the Best Shape of MY entire Life, both Physically and Mentally. And Third of all I will be Partying with about 150 of my closest Friends. So I am SUPER EXCITED to be having My Birthday next week.

Every since I was little girl I have always loved my birthday. I can remember my mom making me feel so special on my birthdays. She used to make me little corsages to wear around all day long at school. And she would dress me up all pretty and do my hair and just make me really feel special on my birthday. She would make me my favorite dinner or let me watch my favorite tv show. We would play my favorite family game or sing my favorite songs. What ever I really really loved doing and what ever was my favorite thing to do on my birthday, my mom always let us do. I remember she made me corsages every year on my birthday and for the number I turned she would have that many "things" in the corsage. It was so unique, and only she can make it and make me feel special. Like when I turned 12 I remember she made me a corsage with 12 pieces of gum on it. And when I turned 13 she made me a corsage with like 13 life savors on it. Things like that. I don't remember the specifics of what was on each one each year, but I remember getting one every year and LOVING It. I wore it ALL day long at school all the time. And then for dinner she would make me SPARE RIBS. That was one of my favorite dinners growing up. Just little things like that that we did on my birthday really made me LOVE my birthday. And to this DAY I Still LOVE MY BIRTHDAY. I don't get the corsages anymore or have mom cook dinner for me when I get home. But I sure do get excited about my birthday. And I always remember when it was my birthday I would always want to be OLDER then I actually was. I still think that way. I always want to be older. I LOVE the fact that I am turning 40 this year. As you may know, I had gastric bypass surgery about 1 1/2 years ago. At first I was not sure that is what I wanted to do. But I was not getting any younger and I wanted to stay healthy and live a longer and healthier life. SO I did have that surgery. And I can honestly say, that is the best thing I have ever done in my entire life. I feel absolutely FANTASTIC, AMAZING, WONDERFUL and with that I am in THE BEST SHAPE of my LIFE. So Turning 40 feels EXCITING to me this year because I can actually do and feel and move and not have any problems. So that is one reason I am excited about turning 40. Another reason is that I am very very involved in my State Education Association and the Friday night, my birthday, I am going to a conference in Rehoboth Beach where about 150 other people will be there. And if you know me, EVERYONE knows me. When I walk in the room, it is like Norm from Cheers. LOL. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows me and says HI and hugs and kisses, and you get the picture. Well so there will be about 150 people there and on Friday, the first night of the conference there is always a DJ and a party that night. SO what more can I ask for on MY BIRTHDAY!!! Turn 40!!! Feel Fantastic!!! Dance my Ass off!!! 150 of my closest Friends!!! And at the beach for the weekend!!!

~~~So Next Friday when you wake up in the morning, Think of ME!!!! :)~~~
~~~For I will be ONE Happy 40 year old in Dover, Delaware~~~

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Awww! What wonderful memories. I feel so blessed to have joined your family and get a corsage or two:) I should do the same for my daughter. Birthdays ARE special!! I hope you have the best birthday:) Wish I could see you! I Love You sis!