Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday's Adventure

Good morning. I just realized that I have not posted anything on here since Saturday. I am slacking. So this morning it is Tuesday and Yes we are home from school again because of the snow. The roads are still very bad out there. They plowed but they didn't plow the whole road, there was no where to put the snow. So they only plowed like a lane or so for the cars to pass through. So needless to say buses can not get through them so we are off of school again today. Another day we will just have to make up at the end of the year. But anyway, we are expecting more SNOW tonight into tomorrow. I just do not know what we are going to do with all this snow. I was out there shoveling yesterday for like 5 hours. It is backbreaking work. I tell you. This morning I am so sore. But I had to get my van out from under the first snow before more got on top of it. So I am venturing out to the store before the next round of it leaves us in the house for a few more days. But one of the good things about being home all this time, is I have been COOKING up a storm. I LOVE To cook and I don't get the chance to do it too much with me working all the time. I made home made beef stew in the crock pot on Friday. I made Breakfast for dinner on Sunday night. I made home made baked ziti last night. And tonight I am making Cornish hens and stuffing just like thanksgiving. I have to get some cranberry sauce. You can't have faux Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce. LOL. So when I go to the store today I am going to get some things to make some killer dinners since I suspect we will be snowed in for a few more days.
I didn't get the chance to update on my blog this past Sunday but I did not loose any more weight again. I suspect I have hit my plateau. I have lost 163 lbs and no more. I have not gained any at all and I am maintaining my weight loss wonderfully. I am doing fantastic with all of this. I have bones I never knew I had before. LOL!!! I went from a size 30 W in pants and 3 or 4 X in tops to a size 16-18W in pants and a size L in tops. Can you believe that??? I am super excited about it. I have a ton of friends who have been giving me clothes, Thank God cus I can't afford to buy any right now. So I have a ton of clothes saved up in my closet and I can't even wear half of them right now cus you can only wear just so much. So I am doing ok on clothes right now thanks to all of my friends. I am going to take some of my taxes that I get back and buy me some snow boots though. I don't have any and shoveling snow in sneakers is not fun let me tell you.
Did I tell you that I am going to a conference the weekend of my birthday? My birthday is Friday February 26th and I am going to a conference that night in Rehoboth Beach. And that first night we always have a DJ and we party all night long. So I am looking forward to this birthday so much ~~ 1. because I will be 40 years old and I am super excited about that.
~~ 2. because I will be partying with about 150 of my closest friends. ~~ 3. and I will be at the beach with no kids, no husbands, no work, no nothing but my DSEA friends and family. I am super excited. ~~~ So while I am down there, if my taxes come in by then I plan on going a little bit of shopping for myself and spend some money on ME. Something I NEVER get to do. I always have to pay bills, or get things for the house but I never get the just spend money on myself. SO that is what I plan on doing for this year's birthday.
Well before I write a complete book, I better get off of here.

~~~Stay Safe and Stay Warm~~~More Snow is Coming our Way~~~

1 comment:

Peggy said...

You are AWESOME Patti!! Most of my shirts are X Large:) You have so many exciting things going on in your life. Isn't is wonderful?? I know you are thanking God for all your blessings. God is GREAT!
I sure hope your hubby and boys helped out with the shoveling.

Love you!