Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Back & Busier then ever

I have been back from DC since Sunday night and I have been busier then ever. I think the time change has gotten to me too. When I got back on Sunday, I walked into the house and fell right to sleep for like 3 hours. I was so exhausted. Then I got up and had to do a ton of laundry cus you know when you go away you always come home with lots of laundry. So after I did all that and got the house somewhat back together, (cus leaving 4 men home to do house work is not the same as 1 woman)! Then I had to get up super early the next day to go to work and start the week all over again. So I went to work on Monday then had to take lil Sam to the Dentist, then had a meeting at 5, then had to come home to more house work and more laundry. By Tuesday after work, I was so dam exhausted, I just had to go to sleep for a few hours. I have not been sleeping that good at all, especially in the hotel all week long. I don't know why, but when I go away, I really don't sleep well. So I guess it had all caught up with me. But now I am fine and I am back to normal. Working, meetings, appointments, cleaning, and the list goes on and on.

Well, I have been reevaluating my life lately and I have been doing a lot of thinking and soul searching and I think I have decided to go back to school and get my license to be an occupational therapist. I have enough credits right now and all I would need is like 17 more credits to become a teacher. BUT the more I think about it the more I really really don't want to become a teacher. There is just way too much paper work and data work and other work time spent AWAY from the kids and I just do not want to be away from the kids that much. If I become an occupational therapist, I can be with the kids more and on a one on one basis. I can work on their goals and objectives and help them become more independent and the more and more I think about that, that is really what I have been working on for like the past 27 years. So it only makes sense that I become an occupational therapist. So in the next few weeks I am going to look into what is available and where and I am going to start taking the classes that I need to become an occupational therapist. I have been inspired so much by my cousin to go back to school and pursue a dream, something she has been waiting to do ALL her life but was never able to do it, due to reasons beyond her control. And now she is independent and living her life the way she was meant to live it. And she is going to be an author one day and that is what she was always meant to be. So it is never too late to be what you might have been. It is never too late to learn and do fulfill your dreams.

So as my new journey in life begins, I will be giving up some things that are time consuming in my life one at a time, but it will all be worth it in the end. I will still be working with children with disabilities, what I have been placed on this Earth to do, but I will be doing it on a more one on one basis and working towards their independence. So as I start this new chapter in my life, I will keep everyone posted on my journey and I will keep working towards my goals.

1 comment:

Marleen said...

Wow!!! I'm very proud of you for taking that step in deciding to go back to school. I know you will do well, and it is something you enjoy doing already. Good for you Patti !!!