Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, March 5, 2011

This Week has ended~~Let the Weekend Begin!!!

First of all, let me start by saying that I was sick the beginning of this week and although I hate being sick, I was glad I was sick this week and not next week. I had a very bad nasty sinus infection and it was going into my ears and my head. But I got some strong antibiotics and things seem to work themselves out and I am better now. And Thank God because I have a Wonderful week ahead of me and I am so so so so excited about it. I am leaving for DC about 8 am tomorrow morning for a whole week. I won't be home till next Monday. I am going to the National Education Association--Educational Support Professional Conference (NEA ESP Conf). Well you all know I am a Paraprofessional I work as a teacher's aid to children with severe disabilities and I LOVE MY JOB~My Passion in Life~ Well last year, I was chosen by the State of Delaware to be the ESP of the Year in the whole state. What an honor to be chosen and recognized for the JOB YOU LOVE TO DO!! Recognized for the influence I have on my students, recognized for the differences I have made in my student's lives. Recognized for being who I am and what I have been placed on this Earth to do. It is REMARKABLE and I can not put into words what this has done for me, the feelings of others aware of our children are out there and they need all the love and attention and can learn just like any other child in this world, they just learn different things. It is ABSOLUTELY Incredible to have someone realize what I have known for over 27 years and that is Patti Reid was born to teach children with disabilities and she is One of A KIND!!!!!
Well~~~~This week in Washington DC, at the NEA ESP Conference on Friday they are going to choose the ESP of the YEAR for the Country!!! AND I have been NOMINATED FOR THAT AWARD!!!! There are approximately 25 people who do all different kinds of work with in the schools nominated for this. Like some work with kindergarten kids, some work as custodians, some are bus drivers, some work in the lunch room.......basically anyone who is not a teacher is considered an ESP. And every year each state can nominate an ESP of the year from their state to be nominated for the NATIONAL ESP of the YEAR!!! And I have been NOMINATED for that Award!! No one knows who has won this award yet, it is at a banquet dinner that is going to be held on Friday night. It is a total surprise for the people in attendance that night. There are approximately 700 people there that night. So this is an EXTREMELY BIG THING IN MY WORLD!!! And IF I Win~~~OH MY GOSH!!!!! First of all, I would get NATIONAL RECOGNITION for the Job that I LOVE TO DO, I would get invited to travel ALL over the country and speak to people on different things pertaining to my job and my students, I would be invited to MEET some very higher ups in the country, All kinds of things like that AND I WOULD WIN $10,000 IN CASH IN MY POCKET AS A THANK YOU FOR THE JOB YOU DO FOR OUR STUDENTS EVERY DAY!!!!!!! OMG! WOW! I can not get my hopes up and I am not but I am just so excited to just even be PART of that, to be RECOGNIZED for my Passion in Life, to be able to get my name out there, to help show the awareness that our students need and deserve to be treated as equals and they are ABLE to DO things~Just do them differently and do different things then the average child. That is totally why I am so EXCITED about this HONOR!!! It is a chance for our students to have a VOICE!!!! And that Voice is ME!!!
So LET THE WEEKEND BEGIN!!!! Wow, the feelings I am feeling right now is PRIDE, HONOR, THANKFUL, and LOVE for REALIZING MY DESTINY AND THE PURPOSE I HAVE BEEN PLACED ON THE EARTH!!

1 comment:

Marleen said...

Wow!!! Have a wonderful time Patti!!! Keeping my fingers crossed over here:) Keep us informed on here or fb or phone what the results are...I'll be on the edge of my seat wondering...lol