Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, March 31, 2011

And 2 more makes 7

All her life, I have helped my niece Kimbirlee in every way that she needed help. She has always been like the daughter I never had. And I would continue to help her no matter what happens in her life or what she is going through. Well today is her birthday. She is now 20 years old. And to be quite honest, she should be enjoying these years. These are her prime years of life, enjoyment, fun, almost a legal adult, hanging out with her friends, doing different things that young adults do. But instead she is STRESSED, DEPRESSED, And just has all kinds of problems right now. She should be enjoying her birthday but she is not. I am trying to make it nice for her, but she is in tears right now. You see, she has been basically going from one place to another over the past few months. She really has no place to basically live. She has been staying at friends houses, family's houses, etc. And she is now at my house (temporarily). However, she has come back to live with me this time with a Boyfriend. Don't get me wrong the boyfriend is nice and he is a good guy. BUT he does not have a Job. It is really hard right now for anyone to get a job in our state. Believe me, I know because we just went through it all last year. He is applying to several different place for a job and doing all kinds of things to try and find a job, but jobs are so scarce right now. If they keep it up, something will happen and he will be able to find a job. I know because it happened to us. Well, she and her boyfriend are staying her right now and Lil Sam doesn't like it. He feels like his space has been invaded. They are keeping their clothes and stuff in his closet right now because that is about all the room I have for them to put anything that they have without it being in the middle of the living room floor. So tonight Kimbirlee was about to take a shower and she had to go into Sam's room to get some clothes and stuff. Well, she forgot to knock and lil Sam just got so pissed off (his girlfriend was in there too) they weren't doing anything, it was just the fact that she walked in there without knocking and lil Sam feels like she is invading his space. I don't know what else to do. I can not leave them to live on the streets and they really have no place else to go. So tonight when Kimi walked into Sam's room without knocking, he started just yelling at her, cussing her up and down and it became such a war. They have always been best cousins, but right now it is stressful for both of them and I do not know what to do. He was telling her to get rid of her looser boyfriend, he was saying that she was making bad decisions in her life and all kinds of stuff like that. I told him, she can't help that right now, she has no where else to go, she has nothing and she needs to be here for right now and that he needs to just stop. Well it got crazy and they all left. It is quiet in here right now, but they all need to get along because right now, Kimi has no place else to go. I know I do not need to have "them" staying here, I could tell him to go, but I was young and dumb once and decided that the boy I was with was the best thing since sliced bread and I couldn't be without him either. So I have given both of them an ultimatum. I told Kimi and her bf that they could stay her till the end of April. They have to give me $60 a week (she works), and they have exactly one month for him to find a job and/or show me every single day what he has applied for and what the job hunt looks like. But until then it is crazy in here with 3 teenage boys, 2 very young adults (bf is 22 yrs old) and Sam who has to sleep during the day and work at nights, and me who works days and has meetings, appointments, and different things that I do in the evenings. So it is what it is and I don't know what else to do or say to either one of them right now. I know our house is small, we barely fit in it as it is. And now we have 2 more that makes 7 people living under one roof. But we have to do what we have to do to help her and to live together while we are helping her.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Oh my gosh. Don't know what to say! You have a heart of gold. But I do feel bad for lil Sam. I don't have any advice, just PRAY. Love U!

LOCnHEART said...

Patti, Kimbi has always depended on others to "make her bed". She doesn't like me, I have no idea why, but U or anyone else are not responsible for her. U do have a heart of gold but she needs to find the right paths to walk. I suggest going to church, seek His counsel, n she will find answers. Maybe she should consider job corp or the military where she can find a life for herself rather than depend on U or anyone. N having a boyfriend is not what she needs right now!! That's another mouth for U to feed! I agree with Lil Sam, She is invading his space n puts a strain on Ur home life!!