Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, March 19, 2011

So Glad it is Saturday!!

I have never been so happy to Say TGIF then I was yesterday. I don't know if it was the time change, the week long conference and training on I was in last week, or the week long of work I had at work this week, or what it was. But last night when I got home, I was so glad it was Friday and I had off for 2 days. Having such a busy life really tends to creep up on me and I just feel so totally exhausted sometimes and I just need to DO NOTHING For a little while. And today is one of these DAYS. I slept in today till 9:30 am and I Never sleep in. Then I got up, ate some frosted mini wheats - yum, then vacuumed the house, dusted, cleaned bathrooms and then I was done for the rest of the day. I put some meatballs in the crockpot for dinner and now I have been on the computer catching up on things that I have not had the chance to do since I got back from DC. And I am not leaving my house till tomorrow morning to go to church. This week I felt like the world was going just way too fast and I just could not keep up with it. I don't know why either. I guess it was being in training all week last week, not sleeping well in the hotel room, the time change, then coming home to going straight back to work, meetings, appointments, and cleaning and all kinds of things. BUT if I didn't have that going on in my life, I would be so dam bored and I would go crazy. So I am not complaining, I just rejoicing in the fact that I am so glad it is Saturday!!!

So in case you don't know, my oldest son Sam is graduating high school this year and he is turning 18 and he has joined the marines. YES I am super excited and super nervous and super proud of him all at the same time. Because of the lack of funds and troubles we have had in our lives over the past few years, Sam and my other two boys have not really had much growing up. And since you only graduate high school once, turn 18 once, and join the marines once--We are going to give Sam a HUGE party for him in June and we are getting super excited about it. It is all coming together nicely. First of all I love to plan big events like this. I love to have parties and I am huge organizer. I guess it runs in the family because my mom likes to do that too. So I have rented a hall to have our party in. I found one for only $100 for the ENTIRE DAY!! That is fantastic because usually when you rent a place it's like $100 or more per hour and you only get it for like 4-5 hours. So I got a great deal on a hall. It is an OLD church, they turned into a public facility to rent out. So it has a lot of antique character, it is beautiful. Then I found a DJ for 5 hours for only $200 for the whole time. That again was a big bargain because DJ's cost anywhere from $50-100 an hour too. So $200 for 5 hours is Great. Then I have a great friend who does Printing and Publishing and he is going to make all of my invitations for FREE! He said he has a TON of paper that he needs to use up and He needs some practice so he is going to make the invitations, place cards, thank you cards, and a guest book for me all for FREE!! So that is cool. Then I have a really great friend and some family members who are going to help with the cooking and the food. So all I have to do is buy the food. Which I know will be expensive but not half as expensive as having it Catered. Then I need to get plates, cups, napkins, forks and stuff like that. And Sam's club will make a huge sheet cake with Sam's picture on it for only $30 and it feeds up to 75 people. Can't beat that. So as you can see, I am really working hard on getting this party together for lil Sam. I really hope everyone we invite can make it there because this is a VERY Special time for him and we are all so so so PROUD OF HIM!!! Details and Invitations will be coming to you all soon. So look for them in the mail.

Next week is going to be so much better. I only have 2 meetings and 1 dr appt, besides going to work. So next week is a little bit of an easier week for me. I shouldn't be so tired next week.

I am still looking into my options to going back to school too, so look for postings on that when I find out what my options are and what I decided to do.

Until then~~~HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!!!!!

No comments: