Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm Home & Sunday's Newsflash

Hello everyone, I am home from my long Spring Break Vacation. It was wonderful!!! I had a great time. First, I went with my friend Donna to visit her parents and her family in Upstate New York. It was great. I had a really good time. Then I came home on Sunday night at around 9:00. I did a load of laundry and repacked my stuff so that I can go to North Carolina the next morning. I was so excited to be going to North Carolina. I have not seen my Gram and all of my family down there in like 3 years. So I got up at 6:30 and I left at 7:30 am all by myself and drove 9 hours to North Carolina. When I got there, I saw my Aunt Karla and my Cousin Marleen first, they met me somewhere so I can follow them to Gram's House. WE all cried and hugged forever. It was so emotional. It has been so long since we seen each other. It was great. So we get to my Gram's house and she just cried for like what seemed like forever to finally see me. It was great. We talked for hours and spent a lot of much needed time catching up on things. She is definitely getting older. She is 81 years old now and she has slowed down so much. She can hardly do anything for herself anymore. It is just really bad. I tried talking her into going into one of those assisted living retirement homes but she refused to. She said she loves her little house and does not want to leave it. She falls A LOT and I am so scared for her. She is so off balance and slow and I am afraid something is going to happen to her. But she is so dam stubborn and she won't listen to anyone. She said she is fine, and if she doesn't want to move, we can't force her. It is a good thing that she has that service where she can push the button when she falls and they can come and help her. So she is going to just stay put in her house until she can no longer physically live there anymore or until they force her into a retirement home. She said she is set in her ways and she does not want anyone to tell her what she can and can not do. So besides my Gram, I got to visit with all of my aunts, uncles, and a lot of my cousins that live down there. It was great. One day, Gram wanted to take a nap and I wanted to get out of her house so bad (she keeps it like 80* all day long) I needed some air. So I called my cousin Andy and we went to a park with his little baby, Dylan. The park had this beautiful waterfalls. We sat there and talked for like 2 hours and reminisced about our childhood and how much we all have grown up and moved on to our own families. We had a very much needed relaxing time at the park. I really needed to get out and get some fresh air. It was great. Then one night, my Aunt Marie made a huge pot of homemade spaghetti and meatballs and neck bones. Something that we all grew up with. It was great. We had a house full of people there. We had fun. Oh and one day we went out to lunch, Me, Gram, my cousin Gail and her daughter Ashley went to Apple Bee's for lunch and Gram FELL going into the place. She didn't see the curb going up to the door and she didn't pick her foot up and she fell right on to her left side right onto the sidewalk. OH MY GOSH we thought she hit her head. Thank GOD she didn't hit her head. SHE was very badly bruised up though and shaken up. We got her in and took her to get cleaned up and all. But she did not want to leave. She said she came there to eat a nice lunch she was going to have a nice lunch. We tried talking her into going to the hospital but she would not go. She insisted she was ok. The black and blues on her were huge because she bruises so easy but other then that she was fine.
So the rest of the week, we played games, talked and hung out together, we visited family, I made a really really nice dinner one night for Gram, Aunt Karla and Marleen and I. It turned out really good. Then I left on Friday morning to come home and I took my cousin Marleen home with me. She lives in Pittsburgh which is closer to Delaware then North Carolina and her husband was going to pick her up so we talked him into coming to Delaware instead of North Carolina to pick her up. So we had a really great time in the van on the way home and I spent a lot of time showing her all around Dover. And she had so much fun. Then we made dinner and played games. We had a wonderful time. I wish she didn't have to go home so dam soon though. We had so much fun.
So now my vacation is over and I am going back to work tomorrow and quite frankly, I CAN NOT WAIT!!! I miss my kids and I miss all of my friends at work. I miss my busy life and my schedule that keeps me busy. AND I REALLY MISS MY KIDS. I can't wait to see them tomorrow again.

So you all know it is Sunday I do my weigh in on Sunday's. SO today I weighed myself and I had lost 1 lb this week. So my total weight loss as of today is now 112 lbs. I feel fantastic. Everyone down in North Carolina was amazed to see such a difference in me. It was great!!!!!

So before I write a book, I better get off of here now. When I get the pictures off my camera, I am going to post some from my vacation.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful vacation!! I will never forget the happiness I felt the whole week. And to see the family in NC was exciting too. I'm getting ready to post it on my blog:) Thank you for everything Patti!! Thank you for the invite up to Dover from NC...that was sooo much fun! I am going to post pics on my blog sometime today for you and all to see. Love ya!!!!!!!!

Peggy said...

Sounds like a great time! How scary that Gram fell. Isn't it so nice to reunite with family? And have some vacation time? Good for you!