Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday's Newsflash!!!!!

Hooorrraayyy It is Sunday again. ONE of the Very Few Days that I actually get the chance to Post something on my blog. My weigh in Day. My day to update everyone on my weight loss journey. My day to recap the week. And my day to tell you all about the week ahead.
Well first of all, My name is Patti BUSY. LOL. I have been so busy. But you know I like to stay busy. Being the President of my local union has been very busy lately because the Governor of Delaware has proposed an 8% salary cut on ALL state employees and that really stinks. We make below poverty level salaries as it is and now he wants to cut it even more. WELL DSEA, our state union, is not too happy about it at all and we are going to be lobbying at the legislative hall to tell them not to vote in favor of this proposal. We are going to be telling them how much an 8% salary cut would mean to us. So I have been gathering people together in my local union to help with this effort and also answering and helping some very worried people. So I have been busy with union stuff. But you all know I like doing that kind of stuff.
As for work, I can't wait for Spring Break. Spring Break starts this Thursday. Two reasons why I can't wait for Spring Break. The first reason is some of the staff. I need a break from some of the staff. You know dam well how hard it is to have several women working together day in and day out all day long. How catty and crazy it gets. We are all getting on each other's nerves. We are all ready for a break. The second reason I can't wait is I am going to be traveling the WHOLE Spring Break. On Friday morning, I am going with my friend Donna to her parents house in upstate New York for Easter with her family. I will be going alone, my kids and Sam will be staying home. Sam has to work and my boys don't want to go. And then we are coming home on Sunday night. Then on Monday, I am going to visit my GRAM in North Carolina. I can NOT wait to see her. She misses me so much and I am going alone. Sam has to work and the boys would be so dam bored at Gram's house. If you know my Gram, you know what I am talking about. I will be down there the whole week. I am coming home on Saturday. AND MY favorite cousin will be down there at the same time as I am. My cousin Marlene is going down there too. She lives in PA. We are planning to spend some really fun and quality time together. We have been talking every day since we decided to come down there. And now we are getting so excited about it. I can't wait to see her. Also we will be able to see all of our other family members that live down there. We have a lot of family that lives in North Carolina. So although I will miss my students greatly while we are on Spring Break, I am so looking forward to the break. Time by myself and my family.
AND now for my Weight loss update. As you know or if you have been keeping up with my blog I have stayed the same or even gained a lb or two in the last two weeks. My body was trying to catch up with all that is going on so fast. So Today this week lost 3 lbs, which brings my total now up to 111 lbs. YEP you read that right 111 (One Hundred and Eleven LBS). I have lost. I feel amazing, incredible, alive, and wonderful. I go to the Doctor again the end of this month for my 9 month check up. I know they are going say that I am doing fantastic. I still am very healthy. So today, I had to go through my clothes again. I just have so many clothes I can't wear anymore because they are just way to big for me. I have some friends that have been giving me some clothes so I had to switch out clothes.
So besides my weight loss and switching clothes, we all did some major spring cleaning in our house today. I had everyone in this house working. Sam even scrubbed the shower, and our bathroom today, WITHOUT EVEN ASKING HIM TO DO THAT!! That was amazing in itself. The boys cleaned their rooms and got rid of toys and things that were broken and missing pieces. Kimi went through all of her stuff and reorganized it. WE were all busy today. It took most of the day to do it. But our house looks wonderful and smells nice and clean. The next time we clean it will be time to wash the windows. Something I HATE to do but they need to be done badly.
So that is my day and week in a nut shell. This week coming I have 2 meetings and a lobbying day to do. Then we are off on Friday and our Spring Break starts. So we only have a 4 day work week this week. We can handle that.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK EVERYONE!!!!!!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Congrats on the loss! Amazing as always:)
I forgot that you being a teacher, you will get a spring break. Lucky you! Have a safe and wonderful trip! You are right... when a group of women or just a group of people work together you need some time away! That is one good thing about working from home.. I won't get annoyed. However, being the social person that I am, I also miss the interaction. LOL!

Send your Gram my love:)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for this coming week when I'll be able to see you again!! We'll have a good time....can't wait :))