Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday's Newsflash

Hello Everyone, It is 3:30 pm and I am still in my PJ's. I did not want to get dressed today. I had a lot to do around the house and I just did not feel like getting dressed. I feel a whole lot better today then I did yesterday. I was sick really bad and I just wanted to stay in bed. I took a shower before I went to bed thinking that that would help but it didn't. I watched a movie and was asleep by 8:00. But this morning I woke up and I feel much better. I don't feel 100% yet but at least I can clean the house and do the things that I need to do around the house. I had to clean, do mountains of laundry. I changed every one's sheets and blankets today so I have to wash all them. Then I had to pay some bills. Now I am on here doing stuff online so I thought I would update my blog since it has been a few days.
So you know Sunday is my weigh in day right. Well I did weigh in today and I think because I was sick all day yesterday and I didn't hardly eat anything. And because I am back home and back on my regular schedule of work and school and meetings and all. I have lost 6 lbs this week. THAT IS A LOT in one week. So that now brings my total weight loss to 118 lbs. Can you believe it? Well I stayed the same last week, I didn't loose any the week before, so I guess it has caught up with itself and now I lost 6 lbs this week. I think part of it was because I was sick, throwing up and diarrhea. And I was so weak. Good thing I was home and not at work or any other place.
We didn't get to do anything for our anniversary. We will next week. I just didn't feel like going out today after being sick all day yesterday. If we had gone out to dinner I didn't want it to repeat on me and waste dinner out. So maybe next week we will go out. We'll see.

So other then that, I am excited about a process I am in the middle of. I applied for an NEA (National Education Association) training. Thousands of people apply for it and only 20 from the whole country get to do it. It is a training for people who want to become leaders with in their state unions. And I am really interested in our state union and I am really interested in this National Training. It is called ESP Leaders for Tomorrow. Well anyway, I applied and then just waited to see if I hear anything back from them. Well they emailed me on Friday and they want to Interview me over the phone on Monday. That means I am one of people they would like to learn more about and possibly be picked for the 20 people nationally to go to this training. It is a three week training, spread out through out the next school year, in various states in the country. So if I get chosen to do it, I will be going to a different state for a week three times next year. I am very excited. I am not nervous about the phone interview because I am just going to be myself and answer what they ask and see what happens from there. I will let everyone know when I know. It is exciting though.

And in July of this year I am going to San Diego, California for an NEA Conference. Over 10,000 people in the same room at the same time for the same reason I am. It is so EXCITING. I can not wait. I am counting down. ONLY 63 days left. LOL. I went last year for the very first time, it was held in Washington DC and it was Amazing!!! And now I get to do the same thing in California this time. How cool is that??

So that is about all that is going on with me this weekend. My phone interview is tomorrow so I will let everyone know how that goes. And I will post on here more in the week to come.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....I hope you are one of the 20 people chosen to be a leader! How exciting!! I wish I was going with you to Cali...it is soo cool out west! Sorry to read that you haven't been feeling well, get lots of rest, you have a busy year!! Take care..love ya