Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, June 6, 2009

What a SAD week I have had

HI Everyone. I tell you, life sure does have a way of slapping you in the face and fast. I have had such an extremely sad week this week. I am emotionally drained.

On Saturday last weekend, one of the girls at work, her son got murdered. YEAH what a mess. He was 28 and lived in New Castle, De. He was married. Wife upstairs sleeping, him and his buddy down stairs playing Xbox and they got robbed. Three men came into the house to ROB the house, did not expect people to be awake, shot my friend's son in the head, and beat his friend to death. SO EXTREMELY SAD. Then on Monday, one of the girls at work got rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, having severe chest pains, respiratory, and head ache. Said it was an anxiety attack. She didn't come back to work all week. Then on Tuesday, we found out that one of the girls at work, her son has Terminal Cancer spreading through his whole body. He is only 14 yrs old. So we are trying to fix meals and collect money for her and her family. He has to go through all kinds of treatments and chemo and all. Also on Tuesday, the little boy that I take home with me sometimes, his grandmother has custody of him. Well she called me on Tuesday night and told me that she has Breast Cancer now. So she is going to have to go through chemo and stuff. I told her I would be there to help her with our little boy. Then on Wednesday, one of our former students who graduated from our school, passed away. Heart attack, she was 26 yrs old. Friday was the funeral for the girl's son who was murdered. That was the most saddest funerals I have ever been to. And today was the funeral for the former student from our school. It is so hard when you get so attached to our students and they pass away so quickly and so young too. As long as I have been working with Handicapped Children, I have been through loosing so many of our students. I have actually lost track of how many. I know in the 24 years of working with these children, I have been to well over 15 funerals for our students. It is just so hard. :( It is just part of our job. A Part we don't ever get used to or ever want to have to go through but a part that Has to be.

So tomorrow I am doing nothing. I am emotionally drained, physically exhausted, and just plain tired. :(

No comments: