Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My little boy is back!!!!!

I don't know if you have been reading my blog lately but one of my student's has been in the hospital. He had pneumonia. He was very sick. He was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks. He was on a breathing tube and at one point, it was very hairy. It was like touch and go for a few days. I went up to see him at the hospital 2 times and then when he got home from the hospital I went to see him at home 2 times too. I missed him so much. Each time I saw him, he was so happy and we were so happy to see each other. We have such an incredible bond, it is unexplainable. It is just speechless to see me and this little boy together. It is definitely God's work through me to touch him. Anyway, he has been out of school for the whole month of March. He was rushed to the hospital on March 1 and has been in the hospital and out of school since then. Man did I miss him at school. WELL TODAY HE CAME BACK TO SCHOOL!!!! He was so happy, everyone was so glad to see him. He was just excited to be back to school, seeing all of his friends, and he came up to me and just laid on me and stayed with me for what seemed like forever. I had tears in my eyes. He missed me just as much as I missed him. He can walk, but he can not talk, he can not take care of himself. He can not do too much of anything by himself. BUT HE KNOWS what he likes and who he likes. The other girls at work saw it too. They saw how much he loves me and stayed with me, some of them had tears in their eyes too. It was just a very emotional morning. He knew he was back in school. He knew he was back with his Miss Patti, and he knew he was going to have a great day is school with all of his friends and Miss Patti. He didn't let go of me for a long time. IT was just magical. (due to security reasons, I will never mention his name or post a picture of him on here) but know that he is a very very special boy in my life and I am so glad I work with him. And I am so glad that God put the two of us together. There is a reason. Just like there is a reason why I work with the kind of children I work with. IT is what I have been placed on this Earth to do. It is my passion in life. Working with handicapped children is ALL I HAVE EVER DONE IN MY LIFE. I have been doing it for over 25 years now and
I LOVE EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY JOB!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I am so glad to hear your student is well again! It is so great that you have such a special bond with so many of your students! I have been thinking about you, almost called actually... A friend of mine has a niece with special needs.. and she is concerned about the care she is geetting. Long story. Any way, she is bringing her niece here Friday for a playdate. I am a little nervous that Brandon and Faith might step on her, fall on her or SOMETHING. But my friend assured me everything will be fine:) The little girl is 5 and doesn't walk or talk, but will be relaxing in a bean bag chair and hopefully enjoying the attention from Brandon and Faith and the new toys to play with:)I will post pics if my friend approves.