Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to School!!!!!

YEAH!!!! I am back to work, Back to School. I had such a great day yesterday. It was the first day for only the staff to come to work. We had this huge meeting in the morning where every staff member of the district gathered in one place to listen to the superintendent talk about the improvements that are being made in our district, the expectations of everyone, the future of our district, honor the teachers of the year and so on. It was very nice. Then we met into our own groups of staff. Like all the teachers had their own meeting and all the paras had their own meetings. Well, that is where I stepped in and had to take over. It was a little bit overwhelming at first. There were over 120 people looking and listening to me and paying attention to every word I had to say. Then they were asking all kinds of questions. It all went pretty well though. I was pretty siked up to begin with for it being the first day and I had to address everyone so that when it was over, I just felt like I crashed. I was just exhausted. I guess it was all of the adrenaline leading up to that moment and the preparations making sure that I had everything I needed and I didn't forget anything. So now I can say that we have officially started back to school yesterday. HOWEVER, now we are OFF today LOL! Yeah I know pretty weird huh? Well, the state is in such financial crisis that they had to tell every state employee to reduce their days by 5 days this year, so that they can reduce our pay by 2.5%. So we had to come up with 5 days that we can take off of school that would not interfere with the students and make a staffing shortage. SO in all the meeting we all had, we decided that today would be one of our 5 furlough days to take off of work because there are no students today. SO that is why I am off today. We go back to work on Monday and the students start back to school on Tuesday. I am so excited to see them!!!!!! :) We were there for the rest of the afternoon yesterday setting up our classroom and getting things together for them. We are so excited. It is going to be a great year. Well HONESTLY EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE AT WORK IS A GREAT DAY AND A GREAT YEAR!!!! I LOVE MY JOB LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER LOVED THEIR JOB!!!!!!! And I can't believe this will be starting my 14th year in my school. And it is now my 24th year of working with children with Disabilities. Can you believe it? This is the only thing I have ever done in my life. These children are my life!!!! I love them so much.

SO with today being Friday, I am home doing things around the house and on the computer. Lil Sam is in school. He started yesterday. The other two boys start Tuesday. So now, finally, things can get back to normal. And we can be back to a normal routine. I can be my normal VERY BUSY self and loving every minute of it. The boys can be on their normal very busy routine and loving it and everything will be going great.
Sam is still looking for a job. Yeah it really sucks around here trying to find a job. Yeah he lost his job (long story) almost about 3 weeks ago and we have not had any luck finding a job. But we are keeping our hopes up that something will show up soon. IT HAS TO!!! If anyone knows of anything around here that is hiring, please let me know.

WELL EVERYONE ENJOY THEIR FRIDAY AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!!!!

No comments: