Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday's Newsflash!!!!

Well it is Sunday and I actually have a chance to get on here. I haven't posted a Sunday's Newsflash in a few weeks it seems.

So I did my weigh in again today and I have now lost a total of 141 lbs. I can not believe it. I feel AMAZING!!! I just can not believe how well I am doing. Thank you to all my friends and family for your support and encouragement. I have been doing wonderful.
We built a small deck yesterday. YEAH!!! I have only been asking for a deck to be built outside our front door for like 6 years now. But we got ahold of a bunch of wood from friends of ours and I picked up a set of steps for sale out of the newspaper. SO yesterday we went to Lowes and bought the rest of the wood and screws and all that we needed to build our deck. It is not as big as we would have liked it to be because of lack of money and the space available to build it but it works. It is enough for all 5 of us to be on at the same time and put a little grill on it too. Now I am on the lookout for a grill. They should be on clearance soon because summer is almost over and they are going to be putting fall things out soon. SO if I can find a grill for pretty cheap, that will be our next purchase. So anyway, I took lots of pictures of us doing the deck yesterday. It was pretty fun, we all worked together. We put the boys to work doing it too. It was a lot of work though, for me anyway. I am not used to carrying all that wood around and hammering in nails and drilling screws in. It was a work out for my arms that is for sure. But it was fun. We are not totally done with it though. We ran out of wood so we have to go back to lowes and get more. All we have to get is the top pieces that cap off the top of the railings and we have to build the railings for the steps. And then we will be done. BUT we can't do any more of it today because of course it is RAINING. Whenever we want to do anything it always seems to rain. But I guess we need the rain too. So when we are all done with the deck, I will put some pictures on here for all of you to see.
Well that is about all that is going on here. I did take the boys bowling the other day and they had a lot of fun. It was good to spend time with them out of the house with just me and them. We didn't go out to lunch though, we decided to eat before we left because everyone was hungry and they all started eating so that saved us some money anyway. Next week, if it is nice, I plan on taking them to the beach one day for the day. Just me and the boys. Next Wednesday I am going to VA beach for the night. I can't wait. My friend has a beach house there and a few of us girls are going to hang out at her beach house all day Wednesday and Thursday. Very cool. NO Husbands and NO Kids!!! My kind of VACATION!!! LOL.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!!!!! ENJOY YOUR FAMILY!!!!

No comments: