Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, August 7, 2009

Where has the week gone?

I can not believe it is Friday already. I have been so busy around the house with things like cleaning out the closets and all that and doing a bunch of stuff that I don't get to do while I am working, that I didn't even realize that it is Friday already. Dang! I only have two more weeks of vacation before I start back to work, I better get a move on with the things I still have to do. I have to go school shopping for the boys stuff and clothes that they need for school. I have to get my para stuff done for work. I have a bunch of things to do. But it will all get done because I am determined to get it all done before school starts again.
I am still the President of all the paras in my district. And I am still loving it. This is my third year doing it. It is my last year of my first term. But I really enjoy doing it and I help a lot of people so I will continue to do it for as long as I can. I can run for re-election at the end of this school year to do another 3 year term. And I don't think I will have any problems with getting elected again. For 1 no one else really wants to do it and for 2 everyone wants me to continue doing it, they say I do a good job at it. Which I think I do too because I keep everyone informed of things going on and I am very active with things. So I am up for another year of being President and love it.
I am looking forward to a new school year. We will be in our room with our own students. We separated our classroom over the summer, we went from 7 adults and 21 students to 3 adults and 8 or 9 students. We are going to be able to do So much more stuff with them and be able to meet their individual needs better. It is going to be such a great year. I am still working with Joyce who I have been working with for 14 years now. Her and I work WONDERFUL together. So I am looking forward to a great school year.
The boys are ready to go back to school too. Tyler is definitely ready, he says he is bored and wants to go back to all his friends and stuff. He LOVES school. He is on the honor roll all year and really does good in school. So he is ready for a new year. He will be in 6th grade this year, yeah I can't believe how old he is getting. HE is 11 years old already. Cody is not looking forward to school this year. He doesn't really like school, he struggles a lot with academics. But he does ok. I am looking into getting him into Polytech High School just like lil Sam. I think that would be a better setting for him vs the regular high school in our district. He would get totally lost in the shuffle over there. They don't tend to the special needs of the individuals as much as they do at Polytech. And with Cody being in Special Education he needs a little more extra TLC you know what I mean. He will be in 8th grade this year. Yeah he is growing up too. He is 13 years old already I can't believe how old they are all getting. Cody is spitting image of me LOL. Sam is very ready to go back to school. He is super excited. He is going into 11th grade and he is so looking forward to GRADUATION already. I keep telling him he still has 2 years left of school but he is looking at 2 less years then he has already gone through. He is such a Great teenager. I got really really lucky with him. He is very respectful, polite, caring, loving, and just an overall great kid with a great head on his shoulders. All my boys are wonderful but as they are coming into adulthood, you realize the type of adult they are going to be and I think Sam is going to make a wonderful responsible adult. We'll see how the other two turn out LOL. Anyway Sam is still into Carpentry at Polytech. He helped a whole lot with us building our deck over the past week. And he did a great job at it too. I can't believe my oldest son is 16 years old already. Driving and very independent. Looking for a job, really really wants to work but no one hires kids anymore unless they are 18 so it has been hard for him finding work this summer. But when he does work, he works hard. He helps out one of my cousins who own their own business doing odds and ends jobs.
Other then that, everything else is going ok. I am still feeling absolutely fantastic. I am really really exercising a whole lot now and doing great. I have this thing going on with my cousin Marleen who lives in PA. We text and call each other all the time and now we work out all the time together and text back and forth as to see how we are doing. It is very fun and inspiring to do it together even though we are miles and miles away. But we do it at the same time and it is fun. So it keeps us both going. And makes us both feel so much better about ourselves.

Well gotta go, get stuff done today. Got a list of things I would like to accomplish today and it is a sunny beautiful day. Windows are open, fresh air coming in, not hot, absolutely gorgeous day!!!!

SO EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR FRIDAY!!!!!
HAVE A GREAT, WONDERFUL, HAPPY WEEKEND
WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I have a lot of closets and stuff that need cleaned out too:)

Kids grow so fast! Hold on to your boys while you can. Zach is looking forward to school too. He is going into the 5th grade. Love U!