Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday's Newsflash!!!!!

Hello how is everyone doing today? Today is and was Sunday. It is almost over now. We ended up not going to school on Friday. Right after I posted that we had a 2 hour snow delay, they called us and told us that is was canceled. Which was kind of crazy since there was hardly any snow on the ground at all. But I did not complain because it gave me the chance to get caught up on some paper work and things that I have not had the chance to do. Friday was one of the most productive days I have had in a long time.
Saturday I went to visit one of my friends and we worked on my Official Resume. I have never ever wrote a resume before. I never really needed it. Well I am being nominated for the Educational Support Professional of the Year in my State. Let me explain a little about what that means. You see, if you don't know, I work as a Teacher's aide for Children with Disabilities. I have done that all my life. I have been doing that for over 25 years. Well, we are no longer called "aides" we are called educational support professionals. Well every year, Delaware picks a person as the educational support professional of the year. And that would bring some outstanding recognition, honor, and all that kind of things. It is something that if you were in my shoes and have been doing this for as long as I have been, you would want to be recognized for your work. And if I do win ESP of the year, I would be included in the National running too. Every state sends their ESP of the year to the National Education Association and I would be in the running for this recognition Nationally. So as you can probably assume, I am super super ecstatic about this. So I have been putting my portfolio together for all of the things that I need to have in order to be in the running for this. So part of this portfolio has to include a REAL Resume. And because I have never wrote one before, I needed a little help with it. And if I must say so myself, My Resume is very impressive. I sure do have a ton of experience working with children with disabilities. That is truly what I have been placed on this Earth to do. So that is what I have been working on and if I must say so myself it is coming out Really really nice. I can't wait to put it all together and hand it in. It showcases who I am and what I do on an everyday basis and shows how truly gifted I am to the children I work with. Sometimes it is really hard to write about yourself, but sometimes it is a reflection of what God has created. And I have to say without boasting, He created someone extremely gifted when he created me. Not too many people can work with handicapped children and do what I do. Not too many people can communicate with people who have no means of communication at all. Not too many people can handle the type of things that goes along with a person who has physical disabilities. BUT I CAN and I DO and I LOVE IT!!!!!!! It is truly my PASSION IN LIFE. Seeing those children light up when they have accomplished something they have been working on is absolutely amazing. So when I get everything together and get ready to hand it all in, I will post bits and pieces of it on here for you all to read. ok.
On to my Sunday's Newsflash. I did my weigh in again and I did not loose any more weight. I have been the same for over a month. I think it is safe to say that I am done loosing weight now. And I am not complaining at all. I have lost a total of 163 lbs and I am doing wonderful. So I would have to find something else to post about on Sundays. LOL.

WELL EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR NIGHT AND HAVE A GREAT MONDAY TOMORROW!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I'm so happy for you, and I love reading and hearing about how much you love working with children with disabilities and how much it means to you to see their faces light up when they accomplish something. You are a beautiful person, Patti!! And I also believe God has placed you on this earth to help children. As far back as I can remember, you've always loved children and working with them. You are a true blessing! I'm very proud of you.