Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A very busy week

I really don't know what I would do if My life was not so busy. I don't ever get the chance to be bored. I remember when I was younger I used to always tell my mom "I'm Bored." Well mom, I am NEVER BORED NOW!!! LOL!!!

I work all day every day, and I am (as one of my co-workers called me today) a Meeting Queen. LOL. I am so involved with Delaware State Education Association. I totally believe in the Union for protection and power. So I have had meetings every night this week. And being the president of my local union sure keeps me busy. SO YES I AM NEVER BORED. IF anything, I am TOO BUSY at times. But you know what, I LOVE It that way. I Love being busy, I love being active, I love helping people and I Love what I do. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I wasn't busy. I think it must be some kind of ADHD or something, I don't know, LOL.



So if you have been reading my blog, you read that I am being Nominated as the ESP (Educational Support Professional) {teacher's aide} of the Year in the Whole State of DELAWARE!!! I am SUPER EXCITED about that. I had to create a professional portfolio to submit along with the application for my nomination . Well, I just submitted this portfolio today and It came out wonderful. I am extremely proud of the work I did on it and the work I do everyday. If I get selected as the ESP of the Year for the whole state, what an incredible HONOR that will be. I will be on a cloud for DAYS!! It means so much to me to be nominated for this position you have no idea. The next step in this nomination is to be called in for an interview. And that will happen sometime in Mid February. And the results of this selection will be by the beginning of March. I will be calling EVERYONE I know if I become the ESP of the year. I will be honored at a Banquet dinner, I will receive a plaque, a monetary gift, and I will have to make a speech and everything. I will then be the State Representative for all ESP in the state of Delaware. I will be invited to do different speaking engagements, I will do a whole lot more traveling. And then I will be in the running for the NATIONAL ESP of the Year. OH MY GOSH if that happens, WOW. So as I go through this next month or so, I will be on pins and needles waiting to find out the results of this nomination. I do of 5 or 6 other people in the state that are being nominated for this position. You have to be extremely the best in your job classification and several other criteria in order to be nominated, it is not just anyone and everyone can be nominated. It has to be like the best in your field type of thing. And you know what, after doing this for 25 years, I am the best in my field. LOL. If I win this, I want my mom and dad and everyone to come the banquet dinner to see me receive this award. I am just so excited about this right now.

SO I will keep you all posted as to how it is going.

Anyway, other then that, everything is going great here. Wish Sam had a DAM JOB though. It really sucks. One day soon I hope we find something I just don't know what we are going to do. But we are managing.



WELL~~~EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR NIGHT AND HAVE A WONDERFUL THURSDAY~~~

1 comment:

Peggy said...

You ARE always busy!! I think I am too. I always want a "do nothing" day, but I am not sure if I really want it. Doesn't matter, cause I don't see a day in my future that does not have a mile long to do list!

I really really hope you get this ESP award:) I can feel your excitement. You deserve it!!