Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Taking the Day OFF!!

So today is Wednesday and yes I should be at work, but I am taking the day off today. SSSHH, Don't tell anyone. One of my BFF Donna is having a baby today. And she asked me to be there with her. She was there with me when I had my surgery and spent the night in the hospital with me. So let's see, go to work OR see a baby be born, HUH? DUH! See a baby be born. Wouldn't you? So I am taking off today. Unfortunately, she is having a C-section but still, I will be there. I am excited. She is having a girl. She has a 9 year old girl and a 6 year old boy now. So this will make baby # 3. It is a girl and she is naming her Elizabeth. Her daughter's name is Christina and her son's name is Andrew. Her husband's name is Bill. SO in her family, the initials of each of the people = ABCDE. Isn't that funny. She realized that one when she picked the name out for this baby. I think that is cute. They are done having kids though, this is her last. She is the same age as me 38, I can not imagine having another kid at this age. Mine are all teenagers and can take care of themselves. I could not imagine going back to infant stages anymore. Bad enough my niece and her baby were here for like 2 weeks a few weeks ago. That was enough. So anyway, I am going to the hospital at 8:00 and staying there all day with her. She had to be there at 6:30 this morning. The surgery is at 8:30-8:45. Only her husband is allowed in when the C-section. But that is ok. We will still be there outside waiting for them. She is staying in the hospital until Saturday. Her parents are here to help take care of the other two kids.
So that is my day's plans. I am excited for her and to see a baby. I have been with her throughout this whole pregnancy. And this is going to be special.
As you can see I have not put any pictures up on here, but I will.
I will keep you all posted as to how the baby and Donna are doing. Gotta go now.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

How did it go? I have always wanted to attend a birt! I guess my first will be Faith's birthing experience... 25 years from now. (God willing!)