Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's been a few days

Hi everyone, it has been a few days since I have been on here.
Friday, I signed our new Contract for the Capital Paras. It is a very good contract. In case you don't know, I am the president of our local union of Paras in Capital School district and we have been negotiating a new contract for all of us Paras in the district. So it is finally done and I signed the new contract and we are all happy with the outcome.
Friday night (3 Fridays in a row) I went out with some friends. My kids are like mom your turning into a teenager. But I went out with some friends to this bar/restaurant and had dinner because it was one of my friends birthday. We had a good time. It was not as good as last week. I was home by 10 pm instead of 3:30 am.
Then this morning I went to the hospital to visit one of my students, he has pneumonia so bad that he was a on breathing machine, the machine was breathing for him. He had to be so heavily sedated that he was asleep all of the time. Well, his grandmother called me yesterday and told me that he has now been taken off the machine and is breathing on his own. I was so happy and relieved that he is doing better that I had to go up there and see him. He was so HAPPY TO SEE ME (this is the same boy that I had over my house a few times). He is being moved out of the ICU tonight and put into a regular room and should be able to go home on Tuesday or Wednesday. But he has to go home with a machine to sleep with that will help him breath during the night. It gives him oxygen during the night. I was so happy to see him and it really made both of our days to see each other. I miss him so much when he is not in school.
So when I came home, I did laundry and things around here and then I paid some bills and now I am on here playing around.
So that is about all I did today. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I will post an update as to how I am doing. I have been so very very busy this week, that I have been tired. But tomorrow I am not leaving the house at all. I am going to chill and relax.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, WHAT'S LEFT OF IT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear that one of your students has pneumonia. I just got over that a few weeks ago..it was not fun at all. So, you are going to NC in April? I'll have to set aside some time to go now too. I miss Gramma and my mom and dad...I hope to see you there.