Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday's Newsflash!!!!!!

I just realized that in all the months or maybe the year that I have been blogging and posting about my life, this is the ONLY DAY (SUNDAY) that I definitely post something. It is the only day that has the same title and the only day that is consistently posted about. I guess it is because when I started this journey and decided to make Sunday my weigh in day, I wanted to tell all my friends and family about my progress so I chose Sunday to do that. It is also one of the only days of the week that I have some chill out time, no meetings, work, appointments, errands, etc. to do that I can actually sit down and pour my heart and soul out to all of my blog buddies.
SO today is Sunday, (just encase you didn't know that) LOL. It is my weigh in day, I do it every week on Sunday. SO today my total weight loss is now at 108 lbs. YES You read that right I have lost 108 lbs so far and I FEEL AMAZING! I FEEL WONDERFUL! I FEEL HAPPY! I FEEL EXCITED! ~~~~~~ I JUST FEEL ~~~~~~~. I have never ever felt this good about myself ever, even though I was and always am a happy person, loving, caring, excited about life; I never ever FELT it like I feel it now. I have a "glow" an "Aura" around me now that I have never had before, I have a permanent smile across my face. I look at life differently now. I look at food differently now. I have changed my whole life around. I have made some incredible lifestyle changes. And I JUST FEEL SPEECHLESS!!!!!!! I have to tell you and most of you that know me would know this. In the beginning, I was very against having Gastric Bypass Surgery. I was like it is not for me, I don't need to do that, I don't want to do that. I was like, surgery, what can surgery do for me that I couldn't do for myself. It took me OVER a year to decided to do it. I was perfectly healthy, I am still perfectly healthy. I didn't have ANYTHING wrong with me, but I still could not loose weight. No matter what I tried, did, or didn't do, I just could not loose weight. I was tired of caring it, I was tired of my back, knees, legs, ankles, stomach, aching all the time. I was heading in the wrong direction. I was putting myself at risks for a ton of health problems and I was going backwards. Then one day, I just woke up and said to myself maybe I should look into it (surgery) what can it hurt. Information is free, knowledge is free, answers to questions are free. So I said what do I have to loose. So I found a Dr. and I attended a seminar with a whole list of questions. I was inspired, I was amazed at what this surgery did to others, I was amped up to at least pursue it. Then I made my initial consultation and what I realized then was my weight problem was a combination of things both hereditary and environmentally. Some people, no matter how much they diet, exercise, do all that they do to try and loose weight, it just does not come off because it is in our GENES (thank your parents & grandparents). It is hereditary. It is in our metabolism. It is just in us that we are not going to loose weight. Yea we can loose 10, 20, even 60 lbs but it would come right back on us because it is how our body is. Then our environment does not help. The big portions we eat, especially in restaurants, how often we eat, what we eat. There is so much that contributes to our weight problems. So after learning all that and knowing my options, I made the decision to have this surgery. It know and I still know that this was not a Quick Fix. It is a TOOL. A tool that helps you to eat right, exercise right, feel right, and Do right. And now that I have done this surgery I have changed my ENTIRE life around. I eat ALL DAY LONG. I eat every three hours. I eat very small portions. My life revolves around food. I have to pack things all the time at work, mtgs, or going out, I have to make sure I eat. I find that by doing this, my metabolism is working right, my skins feels great, my hair feels great, my mind is working right, Everything is just RIGHT! AND because I exercise my ass off, I FEEL AMAZING. So this week it will be 8 months since I have had my surgery and I thank GOD every day for allowing me to find the answers, to help me make the decision to do this, for showing me the way. Because if I had not done this and had gastric bypass surgery, who knows what or where I was headed for. So I am celebrating every day, every Sunday when I step on the scale and realize that I have made the right decision to help me live a longer, healthier, happier life. So when I post about my weight loss and my accomplishments I am NOT BRAGGING. I am CELEBRATING and SHARING with all of you, my family and friends, that I can live another day, healthier, happier, and ALIVE!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you next month!! To see the smile, the happiness on your face that is from within. You have a lot to be excited about and I'm very proud of you!!

Peggy said...

I love to read your Sunday posts:) All of them really.. but Sundays are my favorite! You are always so upbeat. You have done a fabulous job! you look amazing. Love U