Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, March 2, 2009

What a weekend!!!!!

Oh my Gosh Where do I begin????? What a weekend I had. I went to a DSEA conference (Delaware State Education Association) in Rehoboth this weekend. It was AMAZING. Guess who came to speak to us???? The VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES----OUR VERY OWN JOE BIDEN----. It was fantastic. We stayed at the Atlantic Sands Hotel. The secret service was ALL OVER the place. I have never seen anything like that in my entire life. Only on tv and movies. They blocked off 4 blocks around the hotel. No one was aloud out of their house unless it was an emergency. No one was aloud in the area unless you were with DSEA. The whole hotel was locked and closed off to just US DSEA people. WE FELT HONORED. Our cars had to be searched, our bags had to be searched, we had to be searched. We had to go through metal detectors and all of it. When we got in the hotel and go to our rooms then we had to be to the ballroom by 6:00 pm. Once we were in the ballroom, the entire floor was shut down, no one was aloud in or out of the room or the floor it was on. Talk about an experience of a life time. They had the podium just like on tv with the VP seal and everything. It was so cool. We always thought of Joe Biden as our friend and neighbor because he is from Delaware and we have seen and met him before when he was the senator. But Now LOOK at him. He is the VP of the United States of America. So he and His wife Jill came in about 7:30 to talk to us about the future of education in America. The country is in some serious financial times right now, however, education is our future. So Obama and him are doing everything in their power to try and not cut things that would effect education. Including programs, transportation, staff, buildings, etc. We need education in America he said and how can we have quality education if we make cuts. He was so glad to be "home" for the weekend. He thanked all of us for being there and supporting him. It was just AMAZING!!! We were all AWW inspired. There were just about 200 of us there. AND~~~because I am one of the DSEA EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS, I got FRONT ROW SEATING. SO I got to take some awesome pictures. And when Joe Biden was done speaking, he came down to greet and thank all of us and we ALL got to get our picture taken with him. AS soon as my friend emails them to me, I am going to post some on here. (I DIDN'T bring my camera, DANG!!!!).
So besides, Joe Biden being there for Friday night's dinner. And speaking to all of us Educators in Delaware. WE HAD A KICK ASS PARTY FRIDAY NIGHT!!! DSEA supplied a DJ and drinks and snacks and all kinds of prizes and all kinds of FUN!!!! OH MY GOSH talk about F*U*N*. WE had a BLAST. We were all so HIGH from seeing Joe we danced and partied our ASSES OFF. Some of us (like me) never left the dance floor. We had so much fun. And some of my friends that were there haven't seen me in a year and what a difference I made in a year. So I was all over the place talking to people, dancing with people, having a wonderful time. IT WAS AMAZING. We partied till 12:00 in the morning. Then we had to be up by 7:00 in the morning for breakfast and the meetings and trainings for the whole day. So talk about not much sleep for us. But it was all worth it. The next morning we were dragging. I know I was. But the buzz in the air was so electric and amazing. It gave us all excitement and hope for the future of our Country. Then the morning's speaker was the Governer of Delaware--Jack Markell. And he talked about our State's financial crisis we are in and how he is going to do his very best to protect the education of Delaware. He said pretty much the same thing as Joe did that education is our future and if we want quality education we can't afford to make cuts in our education systems. However, some serious cuts are going to have to be made in other parts of the state. And in someway, it may effect us personally. But we are all hopeful and supportive of our future of education in Delaware and across the country. I Tell You, this weekend sealed the deal for me, that I have made the right decision when I chose to be a paraeducator for children with disabilities. It is my passion in life, it is what I have been placed on the Earth to do and now our President and Vice President of the United States of America realizes how very very important EACH AND EVERYONE of us in EDUCATION Really ARE.
~~~~~WHAT A POWERFUL WEEKEND IT WAS~~~~~~

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Wow Patti, I am so glad you had such an awesome time!! Sounds really cool:) I like Joe Biden.