Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hurray for the WEEKEND!!!!!

So it is another weekend, a chance for me to catch up on housework, sleep, husband, and stuff around the house. Because Sam works nights and I work days, I never see him anymore. I get off at 3:30 and that is the same exact time he has to be to work. So I finally got to see my husband today. And Of course nothing happened because Aunt Flo decided to visit yesterday and she wants to stay for a few days. So I had no choice but to make room for her. LOL!!!
Anyway, so this morning, I took Tyler to go to his friend's house for a few hours to play over there with them. Then I took the rest of the kids with me to do some Political action thing in town today. We had to go to different developments and drop off literature in people's doors about the candidates that are running for local offices. Cody really did not want to go but I made him go so that he can get out of the house for a little while. Well, while we were there, he says to me, "I am having fun even though I didn't want to come. If you want me to do this again, I will." SO it pays to MAKE your kids do things they don't want to do sometimes. After that, we came home and I took a much needed break. I sat on the couch, read a book, took a nap and just chilled out. I have been so busy in the past few weeks and I just needed to do NOTHING. So my plan for tomorrow is to weigh in and report on my weight loss then go to church and then in the afternoon, I have to go to a funeral. This past week, we have lost three people's family members at work. One of the custodians at school lost his wife to Lupus, at the age of 62, last Saturday. Then on Wednesday night, a girl at work lost her father to Alzheimer's at the age of 87, and then on Thursday another girl lost her dad to a Stroke at the age of 64. So it has been a tough week at work for all of us. Because we are so close to each other at work it is like family there and so we get to know each other's families. It was pretty tough to lose people like that especially all in the same week. So tomorrow I am going to one of the girl's father's funerals because I really got to know him and I want to show my respect for the family. They say death comes in threes but dam does it have to be in the same place at the same time. I guess when God is ready for them he doesn't have a time limit.

Next week, Wednesday night, I am taking the boys and Kimi to a Nighttime Parade in the town of Milford. It is a Wonderful parade. It is for Halloween, and they have all kinds of things that light up and bands playing and different "pimped out" cars that are all cool. IT is the best parade I go to all year round. And of course because it is a political year, I'm sure all of the candidates will be there too. It starts at 6 and goes for like 2 hours. So that is going to be cool.

No comments: