Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Man Have I been busy

Well, today is Wednesday and it is the first time I have been on here since Sunday. I had a really good time on Monday night. I was invited to attend a really wonderful dinner banquet. It was at Dover Downs, a really fancy place here in Dover. I didn't have to pay, I was there!! Anyway, everyone and anyone involved in the political scene in Delaware was there. It was to honor and recognize the people who are in political office. And the candidates for this year were there too. Along with a whole lot of "Official People" of Delaware. So I met all kinds of people and "smmoozed" with some big named people. It was really nice. And guess who was the GRAND Guess speaker himself? Our very own Joe Biden, the vice presidential candidate. Man did the house erupt when they heard him being introduced. We are so proud of Joe and what he has done politically and especially for us little ole Delawareans. So it was a really, really nice night. I know not too many people are not into politics but it is an important year. And we are proud of our very own Joe Biden.

So that was Monday. Tuesday, I had a meeting and it went well. Nothing too exciting to say unless you know what we do.

Then today we had a field trip to Killens Pond state park. We got to go on a hay ride, go through a pumpkin patch and each pick a pumpkin, then we got to take a walk on the nature trail and see all the trees, insects, butterflies, and all that stuff. Then we had a picnic lunch. It was such a beautiful day and the weather was fantastic. We couldn't have asked for a better day. Then when we got back to school, we were EXHAUSTED. The kids took a quick nap for like 25 minutes and we unpacked and cleaned up all the stuff we had to bring with us then it was time for us to get them up and get ready to go home. What a very busy day we had. So, needless to say, when I got home, I took a nap too for like an hour.

So there you have it, my week so far. It has been busy and exciting. I still have two more meetings before this week ends and I am involved with something politically again this Saturday. BOY I can't wait till November 4th is over.

No comments: