Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, October 9, 2008

I did something bad today!!!!!

Did you ever just wake up and not feel like doing anything? Did you ever feel like you just could not go on? Did you ever feel like you just needed a BREAK? Well, that is how I felt this morning. I have been so busy lately: working, meetings, appointments, errands, and list goes on and on. While I LOVE TO STAY BUSY, I just woke up feeling like I needed a break. I needed a mental health day. I needed to regroup and just chill. I have been so busy and so overwhelmed, that I was getting crazy. SO I took off of work today (bad girl I know). I don't usually ever just take off, there has to be a reason, but today, I just needed it. I got the boys up and sent them off to school, against their will. They wanted to stay home because I was. But I was "no that is why I am staying home, to be by myself". Then I went back to bed til like 9:30. And I am totally enjoying the peace and quiet. I am enjoying the silence, I am enjoying my time alone. Although I am doing Laundry which never seems to end. And Kimi and her boyfriend are here, they are just chilling out and watching TV. Sam is still sleeping because he has to go to work later this afternoon.
So I guess it is not that bad everyone needs a mental health day every now and then to get themselves back on track, to get themselves refreshed, to have a "me" day. So unless anyone tells my principal that I was not really sick, I will be fine. I will go back to school on Monday and be just fine, we do not have school tomorrow because it is a state wide professional development day, state wide all the teachers have to work but not the paras so I have off tomorrow anyway. So by doing this, I have just given myself a 4 day weekend. What is wrong with that? HUH???
Anyway, so that is what I am doing at this time. Enjoying my piece and quiet. Until 3:00 that is, when the boys come running through the door and the silence will then be broken.

1 comment:

Diggitydap said...

There's nothing wrong with taking a breather every now & then. WE all need it. Kids at school is a great day to have to yourself. I don't blame you.