Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!!

So how many times have you heard someone say happy new year so far?? About 6 dozen times I bet. So here is another time. And this will be the last from me. HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone.
Anyway, we took the Christmas tree down and put our living room back together today. I never did get any pictures of it. I was just too busy and forgot about it. But I have to say that I am glad it is over. I love Christmas but it is nice to have your house back to normal again and the room back to the way it is supposed to be.
I made Tatter Tot Casserole today and it was so yummy. I got the recipe from my sister Peggy while we were there and Sam has been wanting me to make it ever since. So I made it today and I thought I should let Peggy know that it turned out as good as hers. Thanks Peg.
Hey so guess what me and Sam are doing tomorrow night. I can't wait. We are going out on a date. We have not been out on a date in like 6 months or so. One of our kids parents in our class gave all of us adults a gift certificate to Applebees and to the movie theater. They spent $50 on each one of us and there are 7 of us adults in the room. What a nice gift that was. So we are going to Applebees for dinner and then going to see a movie. I am not sure which movie we are going to see yet I have to check and see what they are playing.
We go back to school and work on Monday I can't wait. I love being home but I LOVE going to work even more. I miss my kids so much. It was a nice break but I love to go to work. I had one of my kids from my class here the other day. I missed him so much that I called his grandmother (she is raising him) and asked if he can come over for a little while. I missed him and it gave her a few hours to herself to get things done. She brought him over on Wednesday at 10 and picked him up at 4. It was so nice to have him here. All my boys and Sam really liked him he is such a cute little man. They were all playing with him and we had grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch. I told his grandmother that if they ever needed a babysitter for him or wanted a couple hours away to call me. It is hard to find someone who can watch him because of his disabilities. But I just love this little boy. I love all my kids at work but there is just a special bond between us. I won't tell you his name to protect his identity. But just realize that he is a very special boy in more ways than one. I get to see him again on Monday.
Well everyone enjoy their first weekend of 2009!!!!! My weekend is going to be spent with my husband and my kids.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Happy New Year! Glad you liked the TT casserole! I am cooking it tomorrow - one last yummy meal before weight watchers. LOL! Hope you guys have a fun time tonight. Love ya!