Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

MY GRAM!!!

I just felt the need to post about my Gram today. My Gram's (my mom's mom) Birthday was Yesterday, January 5th. She turned 81 years old. My Gram is the most special est person in my life. My Gram has had such a wonderful life. She has lived through and seen so much in her lifetime. She and my grandfather (who is passed away) has 8 children, 17 grandchildren and 23 great-grandchildren. We are a big family. My Gram has such a presence about her that is so radiant. She is such a happy person. She loves life to the fullest. She is such a positive person. Always, always willing to help anyone and everyone. Always happy, loving, caring, and excited. When she walks into a room, the room lights up. She is just that type of person. WELL if anyone knows my gram, they know what I am talking about. EVERYONE has always said I am just like GRAM. I hear it all the time when we are together. Well if that is the way people see me then I am very proud to say that I am just like my GRAM. I take after her in every way. Her mannerism, personality, love, happiness. There is such a bond between us that goes beyond words. We are like two peas from the same pod.

I wish I can see my Gram more often than I do now. She lives in North Carolina and we just don't get that chance to see each other as often as we liked. But she knows I am always thinking about her. I called her yesterday on my way home from work, it was like 3:30 and she started crying. I was like why are you crying it is your birthday you should be happy. She said it is because I was the very first person to call her and wish her a happy birthday and it meant a lot to her. She is getting older and she is very lonely. I was so glad I made her day!!!! She told me how proud she was of me and what I do and how I work with "handicapped children" she called me an angel. I Thanked her for having my mom so that I can be born into this life to be able to do the job that I LOVE TO DO!!!!

I don't know what God has in store for my Gram, I don't know how long she has left on this earth. But I do know that My Gram has been a remarkable inspiration to me in my life and I will be forever grateful that I was her Granddaughter!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY GRAM!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gramma is an absolutely wonderful person!! We are all so lucky to have her..it's something she's hit the 80 mark let alone 81!! She has enriched our lives with her wisdom and love....and because of her we have this huge loving family!!