Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's the Weekend again

Well, it seems like we just got done having a weekend and now it is the weekend again. Man time sure does fly when you are having fun. LOL!!! Anyway, I had another very busy week. Between work, meetings, appointments, and errands to run. I guess that is why I feel like this week just flew past me. BUT I am in no way, shape, or form complaining about it at all. I LOVE to stay busy. Next week is not going to be that busy for me. I only have 3 meetings next week as appose to 4, 5, or 6 on any given week.
So my plans for this weekend is to get caught up on paperwork. I have been doing all these meetings and the paperwork that came from all those meetings have just piled up and I hate clutter. So I have some time this weekend to get caught up with paperwork.

I went this morning with my friend Doris to pick up food from a church. They have a program that is called "Angel Food Ministries" I have never heard of it. It is being done all across the country. It does not go according to income at all. Anyone can place an order for it. It cost $30 for the first box, which that is what I got. It came with chicken breasts, sirloin steaks, chicken nuggets, pork loin, ground turkey, frozen green beans, frozen broccoli, dozen eggs, box of mac and cheese, can of pork n beans (yuk), a bag of pinto beans and 1/2 gal of milk, and some other things I forgot. All that for only $30. They also offer other boxes of food too for a different price. IT is well worth it. It does not have an income limit at all. Their website is www.angelfoodministry.com I would recommend it to anyone and on the website they have the menu saying what is available for the next month and a place to find a location near you. Next month they have on there ribs, hamburgers, pork chops, spaghetti, meatballs, stuff that we all would like to eat. So check it out if you are interested and it may help you out with your grocery bill. It is a once a month thing. Usually order in the middle of the month and the pick up is the last Saturday of each month, depending on your location. All the food is fresh and not dented or outdated stuff.
So with the sirloin steaks I got today, I am using two of them and making beef stew for dinner in the crock pot. I am getting ready to cook it very soon.

Tomorrow's plans is church and staying home and spending the day with my family.

Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement with the comments you made on my last post about my two month anniversary. I love you all and I miss you all.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Hmmmmm - all that for $30?? $$ sure is getting tight for us. I keep looking for ways to bring the grocery bill down - and I still seem to spend a lot:(
I always reserve Sundays for Church and family day! My favorite day of the week:) Altho, tomorrow I am spending the day with a friend who is moving away.

Tanya said...

I got the Angel Food Ministries for 2 months. Didn't get it this month though. It is a great deal. Some of the food is really good and some is gross.