Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, September 21, 2008

So much for my weekend home!!!!!

Ok so my last post, I said that I was just going to stay home and work around the house and not leave till Monday morning. WELL that totally changed!!!!! I have not been home all weekend. I woke up yesterday really wanting to spend some time with Sam alone, we never get to see each other that much. Well, he wasn't feeling too good, couldn't seem to stay out of the bathroom too long. SSSSSOOOO, I went out ALL BY MYSELF. And let me tell you, it is one of the best things I have done for myself in Years. I left the house about 11 am. I filled up the gas in the van and I went to BEACH all by myself. I brought a really good book that I have been wanting to read and I went to beach. I brought my chair, a cooler of water and snacks and I just really enjoyed the peace and quiet. I read, sunned, watched the waves (they were huge, like 6 feet tall), watched the people, strolled into different shops, had an ice cream cone (only could eat half), read some more. JUST totally relaxed and man I felt so good after that. I stayed down to the beach till 5 pm. I didn't answer my cell phone, I didn't tell anyone where I was going. I just left. The air was wonderful, the sun was warm, the waves were so calming. Every once in a while, the waves were huge. There were people in the water, I wouldn't think about going in, it was only 73* out. but hey they looked like they were having fun. So then when I left around 5 pm, I took myself out to dinner. I went to Cracker Barrel. It was so nice to just sit and relax and enjoy a home cooked meal that I didn't have to cook. I ordered Chicken n dumplings one of my favorites. It was so yummy. Of course I couldn't finish it all so I had left overs for later. Then I came home around 6:30. The house was a total disaster, so I got everyone in here to clean up. They cleaned their rooms, we dusted, vacuumed, did the laundry, I mopped the floor, did the dishes. Everyone helped and did their share. Then I finished reading the book I brought to the beach with me. It was the first time I have ever started and finished a book all in the same day. I now have another author I really like. James Patterson. I LOVE Nicholas Sparks, I own all of his books and I have read them all. So it was time to read someone else. So we all finished cleaning, so then today I didn't have to do any of the cleaning. More about Sunday's adventure in the next post this one is getting lengthy. But I will never forget the time I spent all by myself at the beach. It was exactly what I needed to rejuvenate myself. I left feeling relaxed, refreshed, renewed, excited, calm. I loved it.

No comments: