Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Love Routines

So the boys and I have been back to school now for a few days. This has been the first full week of school. I love routines and consistancy. We all get up around 6 in the morning. Go to school, do what ever during the day at school/work. Then come home, each of the boys get some time to unwind for about one hour. Then they get their homework done, dinner, then they get some time on the game for a litte bit. Then shower, get ready for the next day and in bed by 9:30. It goes so smooth when we have a routine, they know what to do, where to go, when to do things and it makes life so much easier to deal with. Maybe it my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder kicking in but routines are so much nicer then chaos. Now, don't get me wrong, chaos happens quite frequently in our house especially in the summer when it is more relaxed and not so consistant in our scheduling. But I function better with a routine, so I know the boys do too.
So CHEERS to routines and consistancy.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I ABSOLUTELY agree!!! Our life works well with a routine. The twins are on a strict schedule/routine. I would not get any rest without it!

I nominated you for an award. Check out my blog!