Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday --- 1 Week has passed already!!!!!

Well, exactly one week ago today I was a ball of nerves as I was entering the hospital to have my surgery. Sam and my friend Donna was with me and Mom and Dad came in a little bit later, just in time for me to go in thank God. I know mom was nervous for me too. I remember being so very excited and nervous all at the same time. I was wheeled in about 9:30 and the place was so cold. I had to go through what they called Prep and Holding, it felt like forever. Then they brought me to the OR at around 11:00 am. I know I came out 1 1/2 hours later but I don't remember anything after that. Sam, Donna, Mom and Dad said I was funny. I was like all drugged up and out of it, trying to talk to everyone. I bet I was funny. I got to my room, it was a private room. And then I slept for what seemed like forever. Donna ended up staying overnight in the hospital with me, but I know I wasn't too much company. She said she like the fact of being able to catch up on her favors she was making for her friends baby shower. Poor thing, she didn't sleep though because the chair she had to sleep in was so uncomfortable. I really appreciated it though. I was actually up and walking around the same day as surgery. They don't play around over there. Each hour, I was in the hospital I got a little stronger and better. I felt fine by Sunday and then I was sent home. And now it has been a week from the day of surgery and I feel wonderful. I am albe to do all that I was doing before surgery. I still have retrictions, like lifting, bending, stretching, and driving. But I am doing great. I hit the 20 lb loss already. I use the date of the my last doctors appointment before the surgery because that is the weight the doctor said they were going to use too, so that is the weight I am going by. SO today I hit 21 lbs lost already and that is from July 9th. AMAZING!! I will keep on going.
So that is my thoughts for today, a lot has happened in a week and a lot more is to come in the next week, weeks, months and years. I am just so excited and happy that I chose to do this.

No comments: