Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Sad Day in our Family!!!


I just found out yesterday that my "Nanny" died. She is my Dad's wife's mother. So my stepmother's Mother. I loved her so much. She was so gentle, kind, and loving. She was so easy to talk to. And that SMILE!!! When she smiled, she brightened up the whole room. She had that twinkle in her eyes. I will always remember her smiling and being so happy especially when she was around family. And man was her family big. When my dad married Maryann, they all accepted all of us as part of their family with open arms. We all became family. There was never "Step" Children, or "his" Children, or "her" children. it was always their children. So Nanny was 80 years old and Poppy died just 2 1/2 years ago and I know she was missing him a lot. They were married over 50 years. Tuesday is the funeral up in NJ, I really really want to go. I don't know if I should with me still recovering from surgery. I won't have to drive because Angela is going too so I can go with her. But I am not sure if it will be too much for me to handle. We'll see. So Nanny, I love you. May you rest in peace and keep on smiling on all of us.

No comments: