Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday's Words

Today, Kimbirlee came home. She was visiting our aunt in NJ. She came home with lots more stuff then she went with. We had to clean out some room in Sam's closet just so the can put her clothes away. Aunt Liz bought her some clothes and shoes and all kinds of things. Then we took Sam's entertainment center out of his room and put it in the shed. So now her dresser is in Sam's room along with Sam's dresser and the tv and all is just on top of one of the dressers. Next week we are going to register her to take classes at Del Tech to get her high school diploma. She is excited about that.
School starts Monday for me and Thursday for the boys. I am SSOOO Very excited to be starting back to work. But the boys have different feelings. They got used to staying up late and sleeping in the morning. They will be fine. We took Tyler to see his classroom yesterday. Tyler absolutely loves Turtles, well he is on the team where the mascot of the team is turtles. He is so excited. The whole classroom has turtle things in it. He has 4 different classrooms for the subjects that he has to take and all of them have turtle stuff in it. HE was so ready to start school.
Sam is now a Sophomore in High School. I can not believe it already. So my boy will be driving this year. He will have his licence by the end of this school year. That is something I am trying to wrap my head around. I remember when he was just a little boy and trying to ride his first bike. Now he is going to be driving.
Cody is in 7th grade. He is nervous, because 7th grade is Jr. High School and he is nervous about going to a new school. He is on 7 Red team and Red is his favorite color, so he said he will like being on the team. What ever that means. LOL. Since I have been exercising on my treadmill again, I have been getting Cody on it too for a few minutes. But we are going to do this all the time. HE is a big boy and I don't want him to end up like I am and be a big adult. Also, I have been cutting his food intake and not making him things special. I know I created a monster but now that I am eating better, I am making him eat better too. He is not liking it but he is going to deal with it.
As for me, I have decided not to weigh myself every day. I have hit a slump and I seem not be getting out of it. I went to my support group meeting the other night and they said do not weigh yourself everyday because it will be discouraging and it is. So, so far I have lost 24 lbs and I am not going to weigh myself until I am one month out of the surgery. I feel wonderful, my clothes are definitely getting looser, I have more energy, I can do more things and I feel FANTASTIC. SO I know I am loosing weight but the numbers are not showing it. They told me that my body has to adjust to the weight loss and then it will start to show the numbers again. I am learning all of these things. The next weigh in will be on August 25th and then I will let everyone know how much I have lost then.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

We always have Zach go back to his normal school night bedtime a couple of weeks before school starts so his body adjusts.

That's right, it is a big diet no no to weigh yourself every day! I weigh myself every Monday.